For taking amazing shots of your loved ones, this course covers all the basics to take beautiful portraits.
One day you’re at home on a cloudy afternoon; another day in a park with friends under the summer sun; you might have a friend who needs a new LinkedIn profile; or you’re on vacation, traveling through Morocco or mountain villages capturing different cultures. Regardless of where or when you’re are, this course will show you in theory and in practice how to use the best of all available tools to get truly stunning portraits every time. You will learn the fundamentals of what makes a good portrait and, even more importantly, the technical and creative elements at your disposal. Whether you are harnessing available light or shaping the light you’ve brought with you, you will practice how to get stunning photographs that both you and your subject will be amazed by.
What do I have to bring?
- Basic understanding of exposure (aperture / shutter speed / ISO), how your camera works and when to choose which shooting mode.
- Your camera: DSLR or mirrorless or superzoom
- If you don’t have a camera, we offer free DSLR camera to use during the course (please tell us in advance after your registration).
- Positive attitude and passion for visual arts 🙂
- If you think you might need a bit of extra help then take a look at our Beginners Courses first
This course will cover:
- Fundamentals of portrait photography
- How to work with your subjects/models
- How to use and work with your equipment
- How to use Lighting Tools
- Indoor shooting in studio
- Outdoor shooting with natural light