Val D’Orcia / Tuscany Photography Trip
A unique photographic experience among the famous Tuscan hills, villages and the typical flavours of the land of Dante
Living the Val d’Orcia in spring is like entering a picture. In a tour that combines photography, art, nature and scattered houses where to stay and villages where time seems to stand still you will learn the art of photography knowing your camera thanks to our two Italian instructors Claudio & Riccardo..
Departure: Friday, April 17th, 2020
Return: Monday, April 20th, 2020
The Val d’Orcia is one of Tuscany’s six World Heritage sites. The valley’s landscape of gentle, rolling hills was the subject of many Renaissance paintings, especially by the painters of the Scuola Senese, The Siena School, mentioned in the Val d’ Orcia’s UNESCO nomination.
The region has everything that visitors to Tuscany come to see and experience, from the powerhouse DOCG wines of Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile to spa towns like Bagno Vignoni, whose “baths” in the public square are fed by springs of Monte Amiata, which marks the southern boundary of the territory. There are abbeys and gardens–and that zig-zagged strada bianca lined with cypresses that has come to be a symbol of this territory and reflects Criterion (iv) of the UNESCO nomination: “The Val d’Orcia is an exceptional reflection of the way the landscape was re-written in Renaissance times to reflect the ideals of good governance and to create aesthetically pleasing pictures.”
During the tour we will stop to photograph the beauties of the magnificent medieval village of San Gimignano called “Manhattan of the Middle Ages” with its towers and its views, passing from Monteriggioni, a medieval walled city, where we will stay in a typical farmhouse, and at the end of the tour on Sunday we will be with our objectives focused on the majesty of Florence discovering secrets, stories and contrasts until evening.
What is the program?
- Stay at a 4 star hotel
- Private minivan with Air conditioning
- At least 3 photography lessons every day, plus extra night shots
- Diner and breakfasts (Typical Tuscany dinner included)
- 4 Unesco site’s in one trip: Firenze, San Gimignano, Val d’orcia e Monteriggioni
- Outstanding views for sunsets and blue hour
You’ll be accommodated into 4 stars hotels, private or double occupancy depending from your booking. Each places will be located near these sites: San Gimignano, Val d’Orcia and Florence. Diner & Breakfast are ever included, you are welcome if you want follow us with your car or motorbike.
Note: Shared rooms can be shared with a partner or friend. Don’t hesitate to let us know as soon as you booked.
With two professional photographers originally from the region, you will be guaranteed to be at the right places at the right times for amazing photography.
During these 3 days you have these lessons on field:
- Feel comfortable with your camera, learn the basics buttons functions
- Learn rules composition and practice with your camera manual modes.
- Learn how to make architectural pictures, practice with geometry and apply the correct corrections.
- Practice with long exposure, get the perfect shots with tripod and improve the pictures.
- Correct in-camera the colors, practice with RAW, and learn how to choice the best lens for each situation.
- Outdoor photography, use of balanced flash and play with light in sunny days.
- Filter usage and apply to the correct situation to enhance your picture.
- Night photography, and effects (silksea waterfront, lightpainting, lightwriting etc), star trails and astronomic shots.
- HDR and panoramic photo, usage of in-camera options to create the publish-ready image.
- Journal making and smartphone Photography classes.
- Street photography, artist’s effects and panning / tilting effects.
- Learn the best tricks to categorize, select and edit / enhance the best pictures from the trip.
- Get full of suggestions, tips and tricks and explanation on your camera functions.
What is included?
- All photo classes from our instructors during the trip, unlimited questions
- Guided tours in town by our instructors and explanations of each area during the trip
- Welcome drink and tour plan guide with all information’s.
- Transfers from Florence with a private 9 places Minivan equipped with WiFi onboard and air conditioning (or you can follow us by your car or motorbike).
- 3 dinners in typical Tuscany’s restaurants (please specify if you have allergy or intolerance in advance)
- 3 nights in hotel 4 stars (breakfast included)
- Snack & Refreshment during the tour
- Arrival and departure costs from/to Florence to your home (Flight, car rentals, etc..).
- Lunch during the trip (in each city we will reserve a “free time “of one hour to have your own lunch or spend time as you want).
- Travel insurance.
- Photography equipment (if you need camera / lenses or other equipment, get in touch with us for a special rental offer).
REVIEWS FROM THE LAST TRIP
Strongly recommended 🙂
Fantastic, intensive, powerful.