Join our popular photography competition
with your best photos and get them exhibited
at Photobastei in Zurich.
All submitted photos will be exhibited and open for votes:
50 photos (selected by our jury) will be shown in a larger format.
Each of the other submitted photos will be shown in a smaller size.
We have fantastic prizes for our winners – everyone has a chance to win!
Exhibition open from March 12th to 21st.
Who can join?
This competition is open to all photography enthusiasts
based in Switzerland & surrounding region.
DEADLINE: Monday, January 27th, 23:55
How to participate:
Please provide your contact details and make your payment in order to enter:
2. SEND US YOUR PHOTOS
Follow the instructions in your
confirmation email to send your photos.
See below for detailed conditions.
CHF 40.- per photo + VAT
For Swiss Photo Club Members:
CHF 20.- per photo + VAT
With these fees, we cover the costs for printing the photos as well as for the gallery rental.
Every person who joins the competition will get a voucher for 40.- CHF
which can be applied for any of our future photography courses.
How it works:
Please submit your photos (max. 5 per person) before the deadline, using the registration form.
Every submitted photo will be printed, exhibited and open to receive votes from visitors during the exhibition.
We try to feature as many submitted photos as possible on our Instragram via feed or story. Please let us know your Instragram name when you send your photos to have a chance. Follow us to make sure you get notified in case we feature your work: @swissphotoclub.
A jury panel of Swiss Photo Club instructors will select their favorite 50 photos from all submissions. These photos will be printed in a bigger size (30cm x 45cm or similar dimensions for different formats) and be offered for sale in the gallery during the exhibition.
All of the other photos will also be printed (in a smaller size) and exhibited in the gallery.
During the exhibition, visitors will be able to vote for their top 3 photos from all the submissions.
There will be five winners who will receive fantastic rewards from our sponsors during the closing party of the exhibition:
- 4 public awards: three which have the highest ranking among the visitors and one exclusive prize for a small photo with the highest visitor votes
- 1 jury award: our jury selects their favorite photo while taking into consideration the overall portfolio of the photographer.
Monday, 27th of January 2020: Deadline for submissions
Thursday, 12th of March 2020: Exhibition Opening
Saturday, 21st of March 2020: Awards ceremony and closing party
During the exhibition, we offer free workshops and talks by our photographers.
Address: Sihlquai 125, 8005 Zürich.
Swiss Photo Club Awards have taken place regularly since 2016 in Zurich, Basel and Geneva. We were happy to welcome more than a thousand visitors each time.
Here is a short video of the previous editions:
- No specific theme is required
- Max. 5 photos per person are allowed
- Submit your photos as JPG in sRGB, min 2000px wide (long edge), 300 dpi
- Important: the image ratios must be one of the following: 2:3, 3:4, 1:1 or 1:3
- Each photo will be offered for sale for CHF 250.- If the photo is sold, the photographer will receive CHF 100.- from the sale.
- No watermarks and no copyright signs may be visible on your submitted photos
- If there’s a person who is clearly identifiable in your photo, you can, of course, submit it for exhibition and win prizes. However, if you’d like to offer it for sale, you will need a model release. See examples here.
- You will always keep the rights for your photo. We will not use your work for commercial purposes outside of Swiss Photo Club Award related events.