Our popular Swiss photography competition is now in Basel.
Join the SPC Photo Awards at Galerie Katapult and participate in a diverse and exciting photography exhibition.
All submitted photos will be exhibited and open for votes:
50 photos (selected by our jury) will be shown in a larger format.
Each of the other submitted photos will be shown in a smaller size.
We have fantastic prizes for our winners – everyone has a chance to win!
Exhibition open from 16th until the 25th of January 2020 at Galerie Katapult.
Who can join the competition?
Everybody who is passionate about photography is welcome to join the SPC Photo Awards.
Monday, December 9th at 23:55
How to join:
Please provide us with your contact details and pay the registration fee:
2. SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS
Follow the instructions in the email you receive after registration.
You can read about the policies here.
CHF 40.- per photo plus VAT
For SPC members and former SPC course students:
CHF 20.- per photo plus VAT
The registration fee allows us to pay for printing and renting costs.
How it works:
Please submit your photos (max. 5 per person) before the deadline, using the registration form.
Every submitted photo will be printed, exhibited and open to receive votes from visitors during the exhibition.
We try to feature as many submitted photos as possible on our Instragram via feed or story. Please let us know your Instragram name when you send your photos to have a chance. Follow us to make sure you get notified in case we feature your work: @swissphotoclub.
A jury panel of Swiss Photo Club instructors will select their favorite 50 photos from all submissions. These photos will be printed in a bigger size (30cm x 45cm or similar dimensions for different formats) and be offered for sale in the gallery during the exhibition.
All of the other photos will also be printed (in a smaller size) and exhibited in the gallery.
During the exhibition, visitors will be able to vote for their top 3 photos from all the submissions.
There will be five winners who will receive fantastic rewards from our sponsors during the closing party of the exhibition:
- 4 public awards: three which have the highest ranking among the visitors and one exclusive prize for a small photo with the highest visitor votes
- 1 jury award: our jury selects their favorite photo while taking into consideration the overall portfolio of the photographer.
Thursday, 16th of January 2020: Exhibition Opening
Saturday, 25th of January 2020: Awards ceremony and closing party
During the exhibition, we offer free workshops and talks by our photographers.
Venue: Galerie Katapult
The venue is located in the middle of Basel:
St. Johanns-Vorstadt 35, 4056 Basel
Swiss Photo Club Awards have taken place regularly since 2016 – in Geneva as well as in Zurich. We were happy to welcome more than a thousand visitors each time.
Here is a short video of the previous editions:
- No specific theme is required
- Max. 5 photos per person are allowed
- Submit your photos as JPG in sRGB, min 2000px wide (long edge), 300 dpi
- Important: the image ratios must be one of the following: 2:3, 3:4, 1:1 or 1:3
- Each photo will be offered for sale for CHF 250.- If the photo is sold, the photographer will receive CHF 100.- from the sale.
- No watermarks and no copyright signs may be visible on your submitted photos
- If there’s a person who is clearly identifiable in your photo, you can, of course, submit it for exhibition and win prizes. However, if you’d like to offer it for sale, you will need a model release. See examples here.
- You will always keep the rights for your photo. We will not use your work for commercial purposes outside of Swiss Photo Club Award related events.
Worth: > CHF 2000.-
Worth: > CHF 2000.-
Travel Pack Pro
Lowepro ProTactic Series kit
JOBY GorillaPod PRO TelePod